Skip to main content

Last Month as an Infant - Lowery is 3 Months!

***This post was originally written on April 1, 2019. 

Here we are at 3 months and even though it feels like Lowery has been with us forever, I also can’t believe we are only 3 months in on this journey. He continues to have the sweetest disposition and is generally a happy baby who goes with the flow and is super flexible.

This month we took Lowery on his first road trip to a friend’s ranch in Dawson. He loved being outside and riding on the mule. He also got to meet his very first friend, Cole, who was born the day after him. It will be so neat to watch them grow up together. We loved our time with the Gillespie family and can’t wait to go back next year.

He is killing the sleep and nap game! He is still sleeping through the night and taking naps like a champ. Lowery puts himself to sleep and generally is super easy to put down. We even transitioned out of the swaddle this month which is super early but necessary in order to ease his tense body. With Lyndi and Lawson, we had to battle naps and I haven’t yet with him which is such a blessing. It makes it so nice because I have so much to get done while he is sleeping and the last thing I want to do is to keep resetting him. We are still doing the dream feed at night which we will most likely keep around for a few more months. Between the hours of 4 AM and 5 AM, he often stirs and makes noises but puts himself back to sleep without us having to intervene. I am so hopeful that we won’t have any big sleep regressions because we all do better when we get the rest we need.

Lowery had a big month full of appointments and evaluations. We want to make sure that you have access to every service and intervention possible because we know how important early intervention is and how it can help you in the future considering everything you have been through in your short life. This month we found out that he will likely need a cranial helmet, visited the ENT to ensure he didn't have lip and tongue tie as well as started Early Childhood Intervention. You qualified in every category which was shocking and upsetting but I also know that therapy is going to help him overcome the battles he currently is facing. Prayers that therapy starts to help Lowery in the areas he is struggling. 

I think our biggest obstacle so far is feeding. It takes at least an hour for Lowery to finish a 3-4 ounce bottle. He often gets frustrated with it and we have to start and stop and do the process over and over again. I have found that he likes to be on the move when eating and not stationary. I am worried about you gaining weight and concerned that as he gets older and require more ounces that it is only going to get more and more difficult for him to eat. But I know we will get there and we will be as patient as we can with him because it is definitely NOT his fault that he has these mountains to climb at such an early age. We also discussed the possibility of a GTube in the future if he continues to struggle with feeding. He started feeding therapy this month and I really hope that we make huge strides in the area quickly. At our session with Kathyrn, Easter Seals Occupational Therapist, we introduced the Z-Vibe as well as upping the nipple size on the bottle and are now adding more calories per ounce. I think we may be turning a corner with feeding and hope that we keep moving in the right direction. Only time will tell!

We found out that Lowery is going to be with us until at least July this month and we pray that it will be longer than that. We loved him the moment we saw his picture and are so thankful to have him in our home. We want nothing but the very best for him and pray for his future daily. Only time will tell what direction his case will take. While we have no control over this, we fully rely that God’s Will will be done and that he will end up right where he is supposed to be – in a safe and loving home that will provide for him every day of his life and raise him to be a contributing member of our society who loves God. We love you Lowery Lyle!

Pictures from this month in Lowery’s perspective:

Happy 3rd Month to Me!

Lowery Likes To:
1. Smile
2. Sleep without a swaddle
3. Play on his activity mat
4. Sit in his bumbo

Look Mom - no swaddle!

Starting to interact more and smile more!

Love playing with my play mat!
I finally got to meet PT & Lollie!

Reading a book with Lollie!

Lyndi & Lawson's Birthday Party

Loving on my mommy!

Sitting in my Bumbo and practicing head control


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year

It is so hard to believe that on this day last Valentine's Day I watched my dad take his last breath. Seeing a person you love go through something like that is life changing. In that moment, you can only look to God for strength and comfort. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make it any better. I characterized the month of February as a living nightmare that would never end. Looking back at that time each day seemed to drag on all the while the world seemed to be flying by at record pace. We were on a roller coaster ride that had way more sudden drops than it did highs all of which were very unexpected. We decided to get off the ride when as a family we made the decision to take my daddy off life support and let him go to Heaven a few days prior. The Lord called him home on the day that we celebrate love. After a month of missing work, crying uncontrollably in the shower, trying to hold it together in front of others, be strong for my family, giving his eulogy in front of...

The Meaning Behind Lawson Erick

Lawson Erick Ludwick Do you see a pattern? I bet you can't guess it! Landon, Lauren, Lyndon, Laine and Lawson - we love our "L" names. Landon and I have never wavered on this name ever since I brought it up even before Baby L #1 was conceived. We love different, strong, and not to abnormal names that aren't common. We want to give our children names that have meaning and a strong foundation because we think it is important that they understand their background and family history.  We even considered using this name if we had a girl because we loved it so much but ultimately decided on another girl name should "It's a Girl!" came from Landon's mouth on April 4. When we found out we were pregnant for the third time, we spent most of our time debating on another girl name. We tossed around a few other boy names that we love as well but always ended up settling on Lawson Erick. There are many reasons for this: 1. We were almost 100% sure...

The Future Aggie - Maybe

It is official - I have convinced Triple that wearing an A&M hat is not that bad. I actually think he likes the school on the inside but I know that he still loves his Longhorns. It is very hard to pull this attire off in my house without being scrutinized or made fun of. Maybe it was easier for him last night because the Longhorns were destroyed by UCLA last weekend. Don't get me wrong, my parents think that A&M is a great school, but their loyalties lie with UT ( except Paul -  you are the only one who really understands). Triple and I were texting back and forth to each other and the next thing I know he tells me Gig'Em and then I get this picture - I love it! I am not sure where he will end up at school and he stills has a year and a half to decide but I do know that he is at least considering making good ol' College Station his home in the coming years. If he does, A&M is lucky to have him!!! Love you brother and your hat! Last night, Landon and I ...