Skip to main content

Lowery Lyle Turns 2 Months!

****Note: This post was written on March 1, 2019. 

Here we are... 2 months in with our sweet baby boy! We have been super busy and every day seems like a whirlwind. One thing is for sure, our life and other commitments didn't stop or slow down at all when Lowery walked into our door. If anything they only increased but we have made it work and will continue to do so. From busy tax season, adding new clients, volunteer commitments, renovations on the office, time with friends and quality time with each other - we are exhausted but it has been so worth the effort and moments of emotional breakdown. We are so grateful for the opportunity to love and care for Lowery while he is in our home.

I must say that Landon and I make an excellent team and I definitely won the lottery when it comes to my husband. Landon has absolutely killed the night time department of caring for a newborn and is so hands on with each of our kids. I am so grateful and thankful for him and his desire to serve our family. I find myself exhausted at the end of the day from keeping 3 kids alive and well, all the paperwork dealing with Lowery, the endless appointments and visits, keeping the house running smoothly and clean as well as my job. It has been crazy to say the least but we have a wonderful support system in San Antonio. As a matter of fact, our meal train just ended last week and we are so thankful to not have had to cook a dinner for the last 2 months. Our friends came out in full force to support us as we welcomed Lowery into our home and we are so grateful. We have even met new friends who are certified to babysit sweet Lowery.

One highlight of the month was traveling to Austin to celebrate LilyB's 60th birthday. We got to surprise her with her favorite things including her close friends and have an evening just about her. It was a little stressful pulling off a surprise party but we made it work and I think she had a great time! It was also the first time I traveled with the kids solo and I was definitely stressed but everything worked out and we made it to Austin and back safe and sound in one day. Lowery also got to meet his great grandmother, Mimi for the first time which was great. Mimi flew in from El Paso and spent one day in San Antonio. It was pretty low key but also wonderful seeing her and loving on her. We are so thankful it happened because we are not sure when we will make it up to El Paso again.

Landon and I even got a night out at the rodeo with some good friends. We had a great time and are so thankful for friends and family who watched our kids so that we could have some respite.

More about Lowery this month:

My heart falls more in love with Lowery every day that we are blessed with him. His big dark brown eyes often consume me while we look at each other. I pray for him and his future often and wonder where we will all be in a years time. It amazes me how he fits perfectly and seamlessly into our family and we only knew about him for 1 hour before he was carried into our house.

One scary thing that happened this month was I was changing Lowery's diaper and found blood in his stool. I am so thankful that his pediatrician is a personal friend of mine and I was able to text her right away. The next day, we went to her office and tested the diapers. Sure enough there was blood in each diaper even though I could only see it in one diaper. We changed his formula to Alimentum which smells terrible. We are still working on the transition now but hoping this will help his sweet tummy process his only source of calorie intake.

Right now he is still eating and sleeping pretty much all the time but we do have moments where he is super alert and is taking in his surroundings. He is such a cuddly baby and loves to sleep on you or on the go which has been super helpful considering Lyndi and Lawson's daily schedules. I have even been able to transition him from the car seat to crib/pack n play several times. For the most part his naps are amazing and I hope they continue to be that way. It would be great to not have to officially nap train in the future.

Lowery has even slept through the night several times this last month. As long as the last few days continue, I think it is safe to say we are sleeping through the night. Praise the Lord!!! We have had a few nights where he is overstimulated and it takes him a very long time to get to sleep. But for the most part he goes down really well at 7:30 and sleeps until we wake him up for his dream feed. After his dream feed, he goes down really well and then sleeps until 5ish or so. At that time, he is often rooting around and makes a ton of noise. He is not crying but is in very light sleep patterns. This is where Landon and I wish we had a fourth bedroom because it is super hard to sleep when he is so loud during this time. We have had to get pretty creative to sleeping arrangements in our house in an effort to try to get a better night sleep. Landon and I know that he is capable of sleeping through the night but needs to learn to put his sleep cycles together and once we get there all of our hard work will pay off. Like I said previously Landon has been a rock with taking on this responsibility for the most part and hopefully allowing my body to try to go back to sleep. I am really hopeful that next month I will be able to say that he has continued to sleep through the night and we are starting the transition of putting the boys together at night.

Lowery continues to make progress in all areas. We work on tummy time daily and rolling over both ways with assistance. We also have been working on making eye contact while eating. He is crazy strong and can lift his head as well as put some weight on his legs with assistance. One area that we definitely need support in is feeding. It often takes an hour for Lowery to take 3-4 ounces of formula down. I am hoping that next week with Early Childhood Intervention, he will qualify for food therapy and maybe other therapies to help him overcome some obstacles that he was born into. My background in special education knows how important early intervention is and I want to make sure he has access to everything. I know it can make all the difference in the world and I am so thankful for this so I know how to properly advocate for our sweet boy. If we could get him to take a bottle in less than 30 minutes at each feeding, I would be ecstatic. More to come on that next month.

One thing is for certain, Lowery has the sweetest disposition and is really calm and go with the flow personality. If he is upset, all you need to do is pick him up and he will calm down almost immediately. I 100% believe that God has protected him from so much trauma and I know He will continue to do so in the future.

Here are pictures from Lowery's perspective:
Happy 2 Months to Me!
Lowery likes to:
1. Eat 6 times a day
2. Sleep through the night
3. Go with the flow
4. Hold his head up while on his tummy
I am so thankful for my family!

Palmer has to be around me at ALL times!
Working on tummy time with Lawson!


Cat in the Hat - my first play!

Woooohoooo I slept through the night!!!
Praise God!!

Getting ready for LilyB's 60th birthday!
Meeting uncle Triple!
Love Uncle Wade & Aunt Malorie!
Happy Valentine's Day!
I sure am loved!!!
Hanging out with Mimi!

Rise & Shine!
Lawson will always help me get up!

Hello World!
First semi smile caught on camera!

Love to snuggle in Mommy's arms!

Showing daddy my new tricks!

Breakfast date with Daddy!

Getting our summer looks ready!

Watch out world... I am going to DEFY the odds!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year

It is so hard to believe that on this day last Valentine's Day I watched my dad take his last breath. Seeing a person you love go through something like that is life changing. In that moment, you can only look to God for strength and comfort. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make it any better. I characterized the month of February as a living nightmare that would never end. Looking back at that time each day seemed to drag on all the while the world seemed to be flying by at record pace. We were on a roller coaster ride that had way more sudden drops than it did highs all of which were very unexpected. We decided to get off the ride when as a family we made the decision to take my daddy off life support and let him go to Heaven a few days prior. The Lord called him home on the day that we celebrate love. After a month of missing work, crying uncontrollably in the shower, trying to hold it together in front of others, be strong for my family, giving his eulogy in front of...

The Meaning Behind Lawson Erick

Lawson Erick Ludwick Do you see a pattern? I bet you can't guess it! Landon, Lauren, Lyndon, Laine and Lawson - we love our "L" names. Landon and I have never wavered on this name ever since I brought it up even before Baby L #1 was conceived. We love different, strong, and not to abnormal names that aren't common. We want to give our children names that have meaning and a strong foundation because we think it is important that they understand their background and family history.  We even considered using this name if we had a girl because we loved it so much but ultimately decided on another girl name should "It's a Girl!" came from Landon's mouth on April 4. When we found out we were pregnant for the third time, we spent most of our time debating on another girl name. We tossed around a few other boy names that we love as well but always ended up settling on Lawson Erick. There are many reasons for this: 1. We were almost 100% sure...

The Future Aggie - Maybe

It is official - I have convinced Triple that wearing an A&M hat is not that bad. I actually think he likes the school on the inside but I know that he still loves his Longhorns. It is very hard to pull this attire off in my house without being scrutinized or made fun of. Maybe it was easier for him last night because the Longhorns were destroyed by UCLA last weekend. Don't get me wrong, my parents think that A&M is a great school, but their loyalties lie with UT ( except Paul -  you are the only one who really understands). Triple and I were texting back and forth to each other and the next thing I know he tells me Gig'Em and then I get this picture - I love it! I am not sure where he will end up at school and he stills has a year and a half to decide but I do know that he is at least considering making good ol' College Station his home in the coming years. If he does, A&M is lucky to have him!!! Love you brother and your hat! Last night, Landon and I ...