I actually meant to post this yesterday but my household chores got the best of me and I ran out of time. Landon was on call yesterday so I took the day to clean house and it was a dirty one at that. I am not even finished with the bathrooms yet but I assure you that by next week, our house will be officially cleaned for summer.
The meaning of the word mom to me is very significant. Because of my circumstances I have been blessed with multiple parents and it has had one of the most significant impacts on my life. The parents in my life have guided me through the tough times and made me into the person I am today. From each parent, I have learned some valuable life skills and hope to give those to my future children. I would like to dedicate this post to the moms in my life: Mom, Becky, and Donetta
Mom: What can I say about the tremendous amount of sacrifice you have made for Malorie and I. I don't think there are any words that truly convey the amount of love and respect I have for you. I don't know where I would be if it was not for you. I know that I haven't always been the easiest daughter to parent and I know that at times I like to go against the grain - but you have seen me through the tough times and have been there for me when I needed you most. Thank you for the countless amount of hours that you put into making sure I was at my practices when I needed to be, checking my papers for grammer errors, grounding me when I need to be, and letting me know when I was wrong. Thank you for always making brunch on Sundays after church, cheering me on at all of my games, finding Camp Mystic for me, reading to my class during your lunch break, instilling in me my sense of organization and cleanliness, teaching me the power of achieving good grades, and having intrinsic motivation to be successful.
Becky: I am not sureany other woman would have treated me like their own daughter the way you have accepted me as one of your own. I can remember the first time I met you and I remember all the fun crafts and activities you would have for us to do when we would come over. You never tried to be my real mom rather you allowed me to understand and recognize that you were always there if I needed you. I have learned a lot from you over the years. You have taught me that having fun scavenger hunts and activities make memories that last a lifetime, you have shown me that not only are you a parent but also a friend, you have shown me the best way to entertain is to go outside and have a great glass of wine with great conversation, the best way to gather people around is to have good appetizers while you are making dinner.
Donetta: Even though I haven't had the opportunity to know you for very long, I want to thank you for welcoming into your family and home. You have been more than generous in various situations. I see the love you have for your children and I hope that one day I can transfer that to my future son-in-law or daughter-in-law. Thank you for your constant prayers and the kindness you have shown me in last few years. I know that Landon got the qualities he has from you and Larry.
You ladies are truly one of a kind and I am so thankful to have you in my life. I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday and I look forward to next time we get to see each other. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I love you all!
The meaning of the word mom to me is very significant. Because of my circumstances I have been blessed with multiple parents and it has had one of the most significant impacts on my life. The parents in my life have guided me through the tough times and made me into the person I am today. From each parent, I have learned some valuable life skills and hope to give those to my future children. I would like to dedicate this post to the moms in my life: Mom, Becky, and Donetta
Mom: What can I say about the tremendous amount of sacrifice you have made for Malorie and I. I don't think there are any words that truly convey the amount of love and respect I have for you. I don't know where I would be if it was not for you. I know that I haven't always been the easiest daughter to parent and I know that at times I like to go against the grain - but you have seen me through the tough times and have been there for me when I needed you most. Thank you for the countless amount of hours that you put into making sure I was at my practices when I needed to be, checking my papers for grammer errors, grounding me when I need to be, and letting me know when I was wrong. Thank you for always making brunch on Sundays after church, cheering me on at all of my games, finding Camp Mystic for me, reading to my class during your lunch break, instilling in me my sense of organization and cleanliness, teaching me the power of achieving good grades, and having intrinsic motivation to be successful.
Becky: I am not sureany other woman would have treated me like their own daughter the way you have accepted me as one of your own. I can remember the first time I met you and I remember all the fun crafts and activities you would have for us to do when we would come over. You never tried to be my real mom rather you allowed me to understand and recognize that you were always there if I needed you. I have learned a lot from you over the years. You have taught me that having fun scavenger hunts and activities make memories that last a lifetime, you have shown me that not only are you a parent but also a friend, you have shown me the best way to entertain is to go outside and have a great glass of wine with great conversation, the best way to gather people around is to have good appetizers while you are making dinner.
Donetta: Even though I haven't had the opportunity to know you for very long, I want to thank you for welcoming into your family and home. You have been more than generous in various situations. I see the love you have for your children and I hope that one day I can transfer that to my future son-in-law or daughter-in-law. Thank you for your constant prayers and the kindness you have shown me in last few years. I know that Landon got the qualities he has from you and Larry.
You ladies are truly one of a kind and I am so thankful to have you in my life. I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday and I look forward to next time we get to see each other. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I love you all!
Comments
Post a Comment