My sweet littlest love is FIVE years old!! Gosh I love him so much and so thankful he is ours! It has been a big year for us - a lot of growth, learning and character traits have developed this year and it is safe to say that Lowery Lyle is simply the best!
Lowery is so so so smart! It seems like things come easily to him in the world of academics and he thrives at St. Davids. He is starting to learn how to read and doing so well with phonemic awareness and matching sounds to the letters. He is very curious to know how things work and is always asking questions. His favorite topic right now is space and the sun. He loves math and likes to figure out basic math problems. He is always trying to show Lyndi and Lawson that he knows math facts as well.
My boy is a complete hoot! He is so funny and has the best, most outgoing personality. He will let you know how is feeling and if he thinks something isn't fair. He loves loves loves his friends and they love him. I hear stories of Lowery often from other parents whose children are talking about Lowery at home. He is definitely a born leader who is strong willed, determined and a firecracker. We have really focused this year on learning to control his big feelings and listening the first time. He has made so much progress and I am so proud of him. He hates getting into trouble and doesn't want to make people upset. I think these traits will serve him well in life.
I think it is safe to say that we have an athlete on our hands who is super competitive and wants to win all the things. He wants to play every single sport and loves it all. He got to participate in his first recreational league, soccer. He loved it but unfortunately the Dragons didn't win a game this season. This created a lot of teachable moments of being a good sportsman and how to be a good loser. In the end, I think it was great for Lowery to learn these lessons early on. Over the summer, he got to surf behind the boat with Landon and loved it. He was so brave and couldn't wait to try it again. He can't wait to try tball in the spring with his friends.
When Lowery was at Father Son Camp at LaJunta, he had his first big accident. He fell off a wall while playing with a bunch of older boys and got a concussion. He ended up in the Kerrville Emergency Room and was very lethargic and throwing up. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he was ready to go back to LaJunta but mom and dad said no. He ended up spending the weekend at home with me and after a few days of some great naps, he was back to his normal self. I hope that will be our first and last concussion but with this boy, he is always up to something. He also continues to get ear infection after ear infection. His ear is draining at least once a month. Lowery knows when he has one and can tell us before it even starts to drain that he has an ear infection. We have an appointment with his ENT this week and it will be interesting to see if they want him to get another set of tubes.
Lowery continues to see his brother Julian and talk to his grandmother in Kentucky. He likes keeping in touch with them and we feel like it is important for him to have those connections. He is not afraid to tell his story to anyone who will listen and at times has asked some difficult questions. I pray that God will continue to direct our conversations so that Lowery will know how loved he is.
I think my favorite moment this year with Lowery was snuggling with him and taking Sunday afternoon naps with him. The boy loves to nap and loves his sleep just like me. I love snuggling up under our nap blankets together and getting in a nice siesta. He has always been a high needs sleeper since he was an infant and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I hope he will always want to snuggle is momma!
Pictures from last year according to Lowery...
 |
| Happy 4th Birthday Lowery Lyle! |
 |
| Ringing in the New Year! |
 |
| Birthday chapel with Mommy |
 |
| Receiving my birthday blessing |
 |
| Birthday party fun - Olympia Gym! |
 |
| My friends and I at my birthday party |
 |
| Julian and I hanging out together! |
 |
| Sharing our love of cars with each other |
 |
| Courtyard fun in the morning |
 |
| Bingo with Dad |
 |
| Happy Valentine's Day |
 |
| Pizza night with Julian |
 |
| Loving on a sweet foster baby! |
 |
| Zoo train trip! |
 |
| Working hard in art class |
 |
| Making a counting necklace |
 |
| Spring Break Trip 2023 - dinosaurs |
 |
Dinner in East Texas
 | A hike on the Rio Grande
|
|
 |
| Balmorhea Springs |
 |
| Trains all day while mommy works |
 |
| Silly boy |
 |
| Easter Egg hunt at school |
 |
| Terrell Hills Playground fun! |
 |
| Visting Poops! |
 |
| Hanging with Poops & Honey |
 |
| Easter Egg Hunt in Houston |
 |
| Spring Fling Picture |
 |
| Bowling with friends |
 |
| Sleeping after my concussion |
 |
| It's Fiesta! |
 |
| River Parade with Clay and Smith |
 |
| Jack and I at the Shoebox Parade |
 |
| Ready for King Antonio! |
 |
| So excited! |
 |
| Sweet cousins |
 |
| Love it when Mommy comes to school |
 |
| Hanging with Smith at a Fiesta event |
 |
| St. David's got to see chickens hatch |
 |
| Young Life Family Camp - Team L |
 |
| Camp Lonehollow |
 |
| Happy 5th Birthday Palmer |
 |
| Strong Man - St. David's Play |
 |
| Bubble Day at St. David's |
 |
| Hanging in Cambridge's library |
 |
| Last Day of PreK-3 |
 |
| Bike riding success! |
 |
| Becoming a pro and love my bike |
 |
| VBS - Space with Louis |
 |
| Love Uncle Guy's hat |
 |
| Wakesurfing with Dad |
 |
| I can't wait to go again |
 |
| 4th of July Fireworks at SACC |
 |
| Hanging with the big boys |
 |
| Cheesecake Factory with Julian |
 |
| River Inn Fun! |
 |
| Excited to Mutton Bust at Crider's |
 |
| Natural Bridge Caverns with Pops |
 |
| And Netta |
 |
| Camp Lollie & PT |
 |
| Meet Mrs. Guerra |
 |
| First day of PreK-4! |
 |
| So excited to do the ramp line |
 |
| Labor Day with Laura |
 |
| Fishing for worms |
 |
| Love being with my best buddy Henry! |
 |
| Soccer ready |
 |
| Louis Batz Patient Safety Foundation Bingo |
 |
| Longhorn Game |
 |
| Cars - I love courtyard mornings |
 |
| O'Donnell Family for Honey's funeral |
 |
| My best buddy, Palmer |
 |
| Hanging out in the doll house |
 |
| Grandparent's Day! |
 |
| 1st field trip to the pumpkin patch |
 |
| Learning to trace |
 |
| Pumpkin Patch Fun! |
 |
| Fall Fling Silly String |
 |
| Lawson's Baptism - I was so excited for him! |
 |
| Spooky Parade Chapel |
 |
| Halloween Ready! |
 |
| Trick or Treating with Ford |
 |
| Buzbee spent the weekend with us! |
 |
| Did I mention I love cars!?!? |
 |
| Mules Up! |
 |
| Serving SnackPak Nigth |
 |
| I love my veteran, Daddy! |
 |
| Excited for another aunt! |
 |
| Killing it at pickle ball! |
 |
| Thanksgiving Turkeys |
 |
| Breakfast with Santa |
 |
| I was nervous to tell Santa what I wanted |
 |
| Class pet! |
 |
| I was the cutest pig in the Christmas Pageant |
 |
| Botanical Gardens Lights |
 |
| Christmas Eve Service |
 |
| Leaving Santa cookies |
 |
| Christmas Morning - so excited! |
 |
| Can't open the box fast enough! |
 |
| Love my ski goggles |
 |
| Eating cake after fireworks |
 |
| Birthday cinnamon roll |
 |
| Happy 5th Birthday Sweet Boy |
Comments
Post a Comment