Skip to main content

Lowery Lyle is 3 - OH MY!

 It has been one full year since Lowery officially became a Ludwick but 3 years minus 2 days since he came home! I often find myself thinking about January 1, 2019 and what our family of 4 was doing that day not knowing our lives were about to change. I think about the moment Lowery entered the world and wish I could have been there to be a part of all the firsts I missed. The first breath, the first bath, the first round of shots, and the first moments when his future seemed so uncertain and unknown. But only 39 hours later, we got to hold our precious newborn who needed a family to step in and advocate for him.

Another year has come and gone full of memories and milestones met. It is amazing what can happen in a year. Potty training, sleeping in a big boy bed, starting school, forward facing car seat, no ear infections, obsessing over cars and making his presence known. He may be little but he is mighty and isn’t afraid to use his voice. While his weight gain still is an area of concern, we have conquered every goal and expectation. He is still wearing 18 month clothes and most pants won’t stay on his body. He is constantly pulling them up and more often than not, they will fall to his ankles. He thinks its hilarious – not sure his teachers love it. He loves school and desperately wants to be like the bigger boys and ride the bus to school, play sports and not take naps.  I think it is also safe to say we officially have a threenager in the house. Lowery sure will let you know when he is upset or disapproves of something. He pushes the boundaries and will test the limits. People think he is wicked smart. I will say that his ability to do a three point turn in a car often supersedes adult driving abilities and his obsession with cars runs deep. Landon and I often contemplating signing him up for go kart races when he is older. Only time will tell. 

We continue to navigate Lowery’s relationships with his family. We have come a long way but still a long way to go. We are committed to maintaining those relationships for the benefit of Lowery and all parties involved. I feel very fortunate and blessed to have the support of his family who want the absolute best for him. I pray with time these relationships will develop and continue to grow so that Lowery will have the opportunity to know his family and his history.

I look forward to this next year. I can’t wait to see him take off in school and see him make friendships. I am so thankful that we were chosen to foster Lowery and then become his forever family. Lowery is such a blessing in our lives and we love our caboose!!! Thank God for our precious boy!

 Happy birthday Lowery Lyle! I love you love bug!



Happy 2nd Birthday!

Snow in Kerrville on my birthday!

Trying to salvage what is left!

Checking out my birthday stash!





Still love playing with trains!

SNOVID 2021 - playing hard

Cheesing with daddy!


Outside of Normandy

Snowball Fight

So cold!

Love this smile!

Riding the train

Bath time fun

Working hard at my specialist appointment

Happy Valentine's Day

Kiddie Park Fun

2nd Birthday Party with Lawson!

Seeing the Bunny at St. Davids

Easter with LilyB

Scambling for Eggs

Fishing on Lake Austin!

Easter Bunny came!


Last family meal at ACC


Rainy day tent with Lyndi

Checking out the rain!

I love love love cars!

Seeing Honey & Poops!

Yummy ice cream!

Practicing my survival skills

Sea World with Megan & Triple

My first roller coaster

Lake with the Collies

Zoo with Lawson

Dip n Dots

Camp Lollie & PT

Dr. Suess was awesome!

Outside fun!

Put put!

Walking into first summer camp!

First time away from Mommy!

4th of July Fireworks!

Loving on Palmer!

Chick Fil A with Mommy!

Sissy made me do it!

1st Day of School nerves!

I warmed up quickly!

End of 1st day success!

Love it!

Love being with Emmi!

Shooting my first gun!

School art fun!

Love Mrs. Robinson!

Riding my horse!

I can't wait to play soccer!

Homecoming Fun with Daddy!

Blessing of the stuffed animals!

Fall Fling Fun!

Wiggle Waggle Train

Loved feeling the slimy seeds!

Lollie & PT came trick or treating!

Happy Halloween!

Messy fun at school!

Veteran's Day

Getting ready to get messy!

Thanksgiving Feast!

Love being at the ranch!

Thanksgiving in El Paso!

Hanging out!

Loved seeing Mimi!

Thanksgiving Breakfast!

Decorating the tree!

Lost Maples hike

Climbing trees!

Santa came to visit!

Snuggling with Pops

Looking at Christmas lights!

Christmas party at school!

Working hard!

Christmas Carols


Meeting Santa!

Telling him I want hot wheels cars!


Christmas with Lollie & PT

New Year's Eve - Fireworks as the ranch

Happy 3rd Birthday Lowery Lyle!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Year

It is so hard to believe that on this day last Valentine's Day I watched my dad take his last breath. Seeing a person you love go through something like that is life changing. In that moment, you can only look to God for strength and comfort. There is nothing anyone can say or do to make it any better. I characterized the month of February as a living nightmare that would never end. Looking back at that time each day seemed to drag on all the while the world seemed to be flying by at record pace. We were on a roller coaster ride that had way more sudden drops than it did highs all of which were very unexpected. We decided to get off the ride when as a family we made the decision to take my daddy off life support and let him go to Heaven a few days prior. The Lord called him home on the day that we celebrate love. After a month of missing work, crying uncontrollably in the shower, trying to hold it together in front of others, be strong for my family, giving his eulogy in front of...

The Meaning Behind Lawson Erick

Lawson Erick Ludwick Do you see a pattern? I bet you can't guess it! Landon, Lauren, Lyndon, Laine and Lawson - we love our "L" names. Landon and I have never wavered on this name ever since I brought it up even before Baby L #1 was conceived. We love different, strong, and not to abnormal names that aren't common. We want to give our children names that have meaning and a strong foundation because we think it is important that they understand their background and family history.  We even considered using this name if we had a girl because we loved it so much but ultimately decided on another girl name should "It's a Girl!" came from Landon's mouth on April 4. When we found out we were pregnant for the third time, we spent most of our time debating on another girl name. We tossed around a few other boy names that we love as well but always ended up settling on Lawson Erick. There are many reasons for this: 1. We were almost 100% sure...

The Future Aggie - Maybe

It is official - I have convinced Triple that wearing an A&M hat is not that bad. I actually think he likes the school on the inside but I know that he still loves his Longhorns. It is very hard to pull this attire off in my house without being scrutinized or made fun of. Maybe it was easier for him last night because the Longhorns were destroyed by UCLA last weekend. Don't get me wrong, my parents think that A&M is a great school, but their loyalties lie with UT ( except Paul -  you are the only one who really understands). Triple and I were texting back and forth to each other and the next thing I know he tells me Gig'Em and then I get this picture - I love it! I am not sure where he will end up at school and he stills has a year and a half to decide but I do know that he is at least considering making good ol' College Station his home in the coming years. If he does, A&M is lucky to have him!!! Love you brother and your hat! Last night, Landon and I ...